So you have a food tasting schedule with your caterer? Ever wonder what to ask and what to discuss?
Here are some food tasting tips:
1. 2 PAX: It’s usually for 2 pax (bride and groom) but sometimes, caterers prepare more up to 4 pax. So don’t assume, confirm this with your caterer.
2. LUNCH: Food tasting is usually done during lunch time. Don’t come in super hungry but don’t also come in super full. Leave some space to taste everything. But don’t expect it to be super heavy as well.
3. MENU: So the first thing you need to discuss is the food. The basic package (this may vary per package) is soup, rice, 1 pork, 1 chicken, 1 beef, 1 fish, 1 vegetable, 1 pasta, dessert, 1 round of drinks. Usually they will give you 2 choices per viand, but you only need to choose 1. Remember to be considerate of your guests because they are the main reason you are choosing the menu.
4. COMMENT. Aside from choosing which viand, they will also ask for your comments such as but not limited to the following: it’s too salty, make the meat tender, adjust the sweetness, etc. Don’t forget to think about the elders in your guestlist, if you know what I mean.
5. HEADCOUNT: They will ask for your final headcount. If you’re not yet final, you need to finalize this atleast 4 to 6 weeks prior wedding day. They don’t usually allow to go below the guaranteed pax once you’re confirmed, but they do allow increase. That’s why count your guests thoroughly!
6. CENTERPIECE & BACKDROP: Their basic package usually includes the couple’s backdrop & table centerpieces. So depending on your package, they will show you different styles for you to choose from. Remember that if it’s beyond the package inclusions, it’s an upgrade.
7. COLOR MOTIF & THEME: They will ask you to choose what colors for the table cloth, linen, runner, flowers, napkin, etc. Don’t choose a color similar with your entourage’s gown.
8. AMENITIES: Discuss what are the amenities they will provide, service details, terms & conditions. Example of their amenities are fondant cake, bottle of champagne, bridal car. Again, this may vary with your package.
9. OTHER DETAILS: payment terms, table layout, set up, ingress time, dinner time, etc.
Got questions? Get free consultation for your wedding preps!
We are here to help you!